Game @ 65%
Release in March – April
Notice how we’ve moved the release date back a few months? A couple of reasons.
- December and Christmas took a nice chunk out of our development time.
- Art has been lagging behind considerably. Clear definition of an art style is stalling the rest of the art.
- Polish and gameplay take a considerable amount of time! In this case episode 2.
We are improving things through the following:
- We have brought on another artist that will help define the art style and produce more sprites.
- Moreso, I will help out with sprite creation.
- With sound at a respectable level, Megan will start focusing on polish and gameplay.
I had thought the game would be close to finishing by now. However, playing the project management by ear isn’t quite working out as I expected; a marathon, not a sprint. Graham and I are cutting back some hours to do some work for hire, to support ourselves in the coming months (the details of which will be explained in later posts).